Top Organizational Tools for Smart Small & Medium BusinessesEditorial Staff
March 22, 2022
Global markets are now settling into the new normal, with millions of employees and businesses adapting to remote work. One of the reasons that this is possible – businesses have technologically transitioned and adopted tools to get simple organizational work done seamlessly.
Statistics show that 65% of small businesses are more likely to invest in technology for automation. However, with a plethora of available tools, small businesses need to select the right organizational tools that will help their business grow and thrive.
What are Organizational Tools?
Cloud-based organizational tools help small and medium businesses optimize and manage daily tasks in a better way. Different organizational tools include project management software, note-making programs, day planners, lead generation and sales software, as well as accounting software.
Reasons to Use Organizational Tools
Organization tools help make the following activities easy and cost-effective for your team –
- Efficient project management (Creation, allocation, tracking, and closure of tasks).
- Increase the efficiency in sales and lead management
- Receive and record leads, and segregate them as hot, warm, or cold.
- Track individual customer preferences and buying patterns.
- Timely follow-up with high-potential leads.
- Send relevant marketing emails to the clients based on their interests.
- Streamline operations and logistics
- Receive and track orders.
- Track deliveries, returns, and refunds.
- Daily job planners using calendars or job notes.
- Save money and track revenue leakage in finance
- Invoicing and billing
- Meet tax compliance on time
- Proactive and focused marketing
- Segregating the clients based on their preferences so that they get only the relevant promotions.
- Automating online advertisements and posts on social media.
- Tracking user engagement and tweaking the marketing strategy.
- Reporting and tracking sales and targets for senior management.
Top Organizational Tools for SMBs:
With constant technological development, you can select a number of apps and tools to run your business efficiently. However, you must first take stock of your current toolset and ascertain what is helpful, what you don’t require, and what you need to add.
Here are 8 organizational tools to help you get rid of the mayhem:
#1. Microsoft OneNote
It allows the synchronization of notes across devices. You can import or export emails and images into the notes without having to copy them manually.
#2. Microsoft Teams
This tool is great for online team meetings. With the new paradigm of remote working, this becomes a helpful tool to be in touch with teammates and employees.
This cloud-based organizational tool is specially designed for SMBs. It helps with proactive orders and invoices, contact management, sales management, targeted marketing, managing processes, internal and external customers engagements, and more.
In addition, it easily integrates with social media and other project management tools, so you can focus on doing what you love!
Often your team has many ideas for a project but is unable to track those ideas efficiently. Trello allows you to visualize and track all the ideas by placing them in a visually appealing card-based format. You can review, track, and add notes if required.
#5. Google Docs
It lets you share word documents with multiple users with specific privacy settings. Multiple users can edit the document simultaneously, which makes collaboration easy.
#6. Google Drive/ OneDrive
Google and Microsoft provide cloud storage that gives up to 15 GB of free space for small business owners. You can upgrade the storage with paid plans.
This is a great online graphics design suite for the design and management team. Apart from posters, banners, and business cards designer, Canva is also an excellent organizational chart maker.
Designed to make project management easy, it helps assign and track tasks without using separate email software.
How to Choose the Right Organizational Tools:
There are many options online. However, you should keep these points in mind before making a choice –
- Ease of use – There is no point if an accounting tool requires a degree in finance. The tools should be easy to understand and interpret both for the core team and the management.
- Cloud-based – You can access cloud-based software anytime, anywhere over a laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- Easy to onboard – Tools that are difficult to onboard can lead to longer downtime in business as well as revenue loss. Hence, look out for those that are easy to onboard.
- Budget – Most cloud-based tools come with a free trial version with limited functionality. Once you are happy with the trial, you can choose from any of the paid plans based on your budget and requirement.
SMBs don’t have to worry about large enterprise-level software, thanks to the cloud-based and budget-friendly organizational tools. These tools help channel the time towards growing your business and optimize unnecessary leakage of time and revenue – all of which are critical for an SMB to stay ahead of the competition.